Monday, October 3, 2016

73 - Exchanging miracles

Email address (preferred):
rachael.clark@myldsmail.net 

Mission address:
 Sister Rachael Geniel Clark
 California Long Beach Mission
 6500 E Atherton St.
 Long Beach, CA 90815


This week is bringing changes. I will go on an extended exchange with Sister Kwon in the Harper Park ward next door to ours. Sister Painchaud and I were having a hard time with each other, so to give each other time to refresh from the tough transfer we have had, president has negotiated with us since we are so close to the end of the transfer. I hope that Sister Painchaud is helped by this. After exchanges with the STL's last week, she perked up, but it didn't last long, so I made the call so that both of us can hopefully have a good week. We also have a general authority visiting our mission this week, so that has added stress because we need to have everything perfect in our apartment and area book.

We had a great opportunity to go to Bishop Terry's with Leicy and Ken there. They even made us a family tradition breakfast just before it started, that was fun. Ever since their son went off to his mission in England, they said it was just too quiet, so it was nice to have us there. This was the first time I have gone to a member's house for conference, so I was thrilled. It was also nice to talk afterwards and discuss things we liked, had questions on, or clarified. Super fun! Ken loved it, especially Priesthood meeting from the day earlier with the ward mission leader. It is so nice when members from the ward on their own invite people we teach to come to events or activities. That is always the best.

We had to return Stella's plate which gave us an opportunity to talk with her since we haven't heard from her for awhile. We helped her with some questions and concerns she had about Joseph Smith, and hopefully I can find what she needs to hear. It is a hard question to answer, but with The Spirit's guidance, anything is possible when you add God's help in the equation. I am so glad we got to see her and she is doing alright. Just wished she got to see General Conference since that really would have helped her. Satan is really working hard to keep people from truth and joy around these parts these days.

Miracle of the week, while on exchanges we decided our goal was to find a new investigator to teach, and Sister Watson and I did just that. We went by a former who had recently decided at her rock bottom to stop doing drugs and have God more in her life. She said that us coming by was just another sign by God that he loved her and was aware of her. She was happy to hear we are Christian, unlike she first had thought when elders first taught her a while back and wanted the sisters to teach her more of the message. Goes to show miracles do happen, especially on exchanges.

This General Conference was so good, I definitely want to listen to it again since I couldn't write down everything i wanted to in my notebook. I also found as I go along my mission, the more and more I write things for myself and more so the people I am teaching or working in the ward with. Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment