Monday, September 5, 2016

69 - Relinquishing worldly things

Email address (preferred):
rachael.clark@myldsmail.net 

Mission address:
 Sister Rachael Geniel Clark
 California Long Beach Mission
 6500 E Atherton St.
 Long Beach, CA 90815


Feeling sick today, not fun!

We also got word that the entire mission is going through "the purge" today so that means we have only 2 suitcases and 1 carry on for all our belongings... Sounds like a lot of elders have to clean out their apartments and sisters decide which clothing they REALLY want. I have to send home a box of books and some souvenirs. It will be tough with food as well because he said to leave it behind. I sure hope I don't have to get moved, because otherwise I'm broke before the end of this month with the food I had to purchase today. Thankfully, I already sorted through lots of things last transfer so I'm in pretty good shape.

Miracle of the week: We found out Anthony went to the hospital due to illness and effects of too many years of smoking, so we talked with his daughter (whose name I forgot... Oops) while she was waiting for him to come home. We got talking about overcoming challenges in life and how priesthood blessings help, and that got us teaching her about most of the restoration. She was quite interested in getting a blessing because of things going on in her life and her Lupus is acting up more lately causing her pain. I hope she continues to have interest in learning because she invited us to come back whenever to talk with her. In the next few weeks, her parents are going on a cruise, hopefully, so she will be by herself for a while for the most part.

Ken is progressing pretty well, but we will have to pass him on to YSA soon if he doesn't decide on a course of action soon. He already has a calling in Scouts due to how long he has attended this ward so this will be interesting.

Other than that, my companion and I have had to see president Patterson about some things... It was decided that we just don't get along and was told not to try and be friends. That about sums up our companionship right now. Our goal is to make the area work and survive the rest of the transfer. We discussed other things, but it was mostly how to go about peacefully doing our missionary duty as things stand. We just have too opposite of personalities to make things work out the normal way, just my luck. He is really trying to keep us together so Sister Painchaud doesn't want to go home or myself get emergency transferred from her. I hope this works, it has been a week already.

No comments:

Post a Comment